Designing Chatbots with Manners, User Testing Without Users, Awkward 1:1s and more UX
Here’s what’s hot in UX this week.
Have you noticed the relationship between a closet and a design style guide?
Your closet reflects who you are and shapes your style. A design style guide determines how a product is going to look.
Don’t you want to stand out with a strong personality and unique style? You may say no, but companies wouldn’t turn down this opportunity.
Tech giants are betting on chatbots and virtual assistants as the mechanism through which AI will enter our lives. How do you make one that isn’t creepy?
via Fabricio Teixeira
Here’s how these three tools fit together, in one diagram (and some supporting paragraphs of text). As jargon-free as possible.
via Caio Braga
Ideas & Headlines
- If Satan was a web designer…
- Microsoft launches Microsoft Teams, its own version of Slack
- The Uber app has been beautifully redesigned
- Lighthearted posters with 8 things every creative should know
- Fun project imagines clients giving feedback on iconic poster designs
- Amazon launched Rapids, short stories for kids told through a chat interface
- The £1 coin is going to be redesigned — is your business ready?
- It seems shopping is coming to Instagram
- InVision desperately wants you to switch to Sketch
- IFTTT has a new design
Conversation with Luke W.
We have Luke Wroblewski, product director at Google and author of the classic book “Web form design“ here with us today, to chat about form design.
Tools & Resources
- The Pussy Project explores women’s perspectives on the US election
- CMRA is a camera for the Apple Watch
- Three key lessons about mobile UX
- Abstract is a new project management tool to improve the design process
- Here’s a repository of beautiful maps
- UXers is a collection of UX firms and players out there
- A list with 20 documentaries every designer should watch
Brought to you by your friends at uxdesign.cc
A weekly collection of UX-related links (like this one), brought to you by your friends at uxdesign.ccux.email